The Program Director provides leadership and direction to the Program Supervisor in the care of individuals being served in the residential setting(s) in accordance with the clients Individual Abuse Prevention Plan (IAPP), Self-Management Assessment (SMA) and the Coordinated Service and Support Plan Assessment (CSSP-A). The Program Director will ensure oversight for the licensing components assigned at the management level, ensuring compliance with Minnesota Department of Human Services licensing guidelines. The Program Director will provide introductory training to new Program Supervisors. The Program Director may provide oversight for more than one program.
- Leadership by example.
- Communicate effectively with interdisciplinary team members including case managers, day program staff, guardians, and family
members, as well as internal team members (peers, RN consultant, physicians, Program Supervisor, owners).
- Facilitate community involvement and integration.
- Understand and implement 245D plans (SMA, IAPP, CSSP-A), Vulnerable Adult Act, policies and procedures, safety measures and
individual(s) specific protocols.
- Serve as a receiver of internal reports of abuse/neglect.
- Point of contact for responding to Vulnerable Adult Reports with county and/or Ombudsman.
- Manage and support day to day operation of the programs.
- Ability to be neutral and work with all personality types without bias. Treating all employees, families, team members and
co-workers with dignity and respect at all times.
- Work an agreed upon schedule on site (assigned site(s) and/or office) as determined by owner.
- Participate in company-wide on-call rotation. **As a Program Director, you may receive calls and/or work related emails
during non-work hours. Program Directors are only expected to respond to calls and/or work related emails during working hours.
- Attend all Program Supervisor/Program Director supervisory meetings which will be scheduled regularly every-other month
at a minimum.
- Review 245D paperwork prior to annual team meetings; attend annul team meetings; develop programming and data sheets
consistent with team meeting decisions.
- Ensure CSSP Addendum’s correlate with CSP/CSSP and/or ISP provided by county case managers.
- Review quarterly reports and send out to team members. Other communication with teams will be completed as needed and/or necessary.
- Review and monitor program budgets on a monthly basis.
- Complete Program Director/Manager sections of med error reports, seizure reports, etc. and distribute to teams as necessary.
- Review progress notes, communication books, and medical loggings for assigned programs at a minimum of once per month.
- Audit individual finances on a monthly basis to assure accuracy.
- Complete Program Director/Manager Quarterly Reviews and Licensing Checklists.
- Complete periodic reviews of timecards throughout the pay period or by the end of pay period closure time to assure accuracy.
- Any additional responsibilities as they are determined and needed throughout employment.
Program Director’s work a variety of shifts including day and evening hours to meet the needs of the residential setting they are overseeing. All positions include working weekend shifts (at least 1 weekend per month at minimum).
Residential settings are located in the South Metro
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Reliable vehicle and valid proof of personal automobile insurance.
- Ability to complete mathematical tasks, including the ability to calculate percentages, and balance bank accounts.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively.
- Ability to pass a background check by the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and the Department of Human Services.
- Certification in CPR, First Aid and Medication Administration.
- Training in therapeutic intervention techniques, traumatic brain injury, mental health issues, developmental disabilities, and others as applicable by site.
- Prior experience in residential or educational setting.
- 3 years previous supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a human services field
- Excellent communication