Float—7 ON/7 OFF-person is trained at all sites and available to work all shifts (1st, 2nd or 3rd) during their 7 ON rotation. Guaranteed at least 35 hours during this week, picking up additional hours/shifts including overtime is voluntary. Carries a full benefit package.
The Direct Support Professional provides direct care to individuals being served in a residential setting in accordance with the individual’s Individual Abuse Prevention Plan (IAPP), Self-Management Assessment (SMA), and the Coordinated Service and Support Plan Addendum (CSSP-A). This person assists the individuals with enhancing daily living skills, supports individuals to accomplish program goals, and facilitates community integration. This person documents general health conditions, daily living skills and activities, and progress toward program goals.
- Advocate for individuals
- Assist with activities of daily living
- Implement and document on individual outcomes
- Assist with health care needs including the administration of medications and treatment documentation
- Assist with financial transactions and documentation
- Facilitate community involvement and integration
Direct Support Professionals work a variety of shifts including mornings, afternoons, evenings and overnight hours. All positions include working weekend shifts (at least 1 weekend per month at minimum).
Residential settings are located in the South Metro.
- Be at least 18 years of age (16 years of age for some programs).
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Reliable vehicle and valid proof of personal automobile insurance.
- Ability to pass a complete background check by the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and the Department of Human Services (this will include a photograph and fingerprinting).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certification in CPR, First Aid and Medication Administration.
- Training in therapeutic intervention techniques, traumatic brain injury, mental health issues, developmental disabilities, and others as applicable by site.
- Prior experience in residential or educational setting.
- Excellent communication